Cobalazorb (B12) For Dogs & Cats (60 Capsules)
Cobalazorb (B12) For Dogs & Cats (60 capsules) is an oral cobalamin (vitamin B12) supplement designed to help support normal serum cobalamin (vitamin B12) and folate (vitamin B9) levels in dogs and cats.
- Cobalamin (vitamin B12): Cobalamin is a water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in many physiological processes including cellular metabolism, DNA synthesis, amino acid metabolism, fatty acid metabolism and erythrocyte formation.
- Folic acid (vitamin B9): Folic acid is a synthetic form of folate, another important water-soluble B vitamin that is essential for DNA synthesis and repair thus playing a key role in cell division and growth. As a result, proliferating cells such as erythrocytes, leukocytes and enterocytes have a high requirement for folic acid.
- Preplex® prebiotics: A prebiotic combination of fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS) and acacia (gum arabic), which helps to support a healthy gastrointestinal microbiota and thus aiding the maintenance of optimum serum folate and cobalamin levels.
- Artificial chicken flavouring: To improve palatability and compliance, without any concerns for animals with food allergies or intolerances.
Give by mouth for as long as considered necessary or as advised by your veterinary surgeon. The capsules can be given whole or opened, and the palatable contents sprinkled onto food.
The recommended daily intake is below however the number of capsules can be increased or decreased as needed to maintain normal cobalamin (vitamin B12) levels. Your veterinary surgeon will be able to advise further on this.
<10kg body weight, give 1/2 capsule per day, or 1 capsule every other day
10-20kg body weight, give 1 capsules per day
>20kg body weight, give 2 capsules per day
Cobalazorb has a 2 year shelf life from the date of manufacture. Store in a cool dry place.
Composition: Preplex® prebiotic (fructo-oligosaccharide), vegetable capsule.
- Cyanocobalamin PXN-B12® 0.5mg per capsule
- Folic acid 0.2mg per capsule